Monday, August 2, 2010

When the end of the road is only a third of the way to the end of the journey…….

As cohort 3 comes to the end of a long hot summer, and the end of our first year in the Ed. D program, we have to pause to consider how much we have accomplished, and wonder where the time has gone.

DSCF0252

Less than three short months ago I was blogging about my excitement of continued gainful employment. Since that time I have acquired an additional 9468 employees and part, or all of four states. I am now the Occupational Health Supervisor for the new Mid South District, which contains all of the state of Alabama (54,423 square miles), Mississippi (46,914 square miles), and Tennessee (42, 146 square miles), and portions on Florida (the pan handle), and (the toe of) Virginia, and last but not least, a little place called Alexandria, in Louisiana.

MID SOUTH DISTRICT

According to my job description, I am expected to drive occasionally. But one can imagine the necessity to get the employees familiar with the company nurse. This short summer has been designated “get to know me” time.

Like Johnny Cash sang, “I’ve been everywhere man”. I’ve been to ….Nashville, Buffalo, Tuscaloosa, Cleveland, Jackson, Columbus, Bowling Green, Huntsville, Cincinnati, Mansfield, Akron, Chattanooga, Tupelo, Erie, Birmingham……I’ve been everywhere, man.

Map picture

Thank goodness for GoToMeeting, WebEx, LiveMeeting, FuzeMeeting, and all the other online meeting sites, man……which have made it possible for me to be truly be everywhere at once.

No comments:

Post a Comment